Elite Phones And Computers - Wiping laptop harddrive and updating operating system
Pre sales was great. The price quote of £75 seemed good and ups were there within a day....
After a few days i am told the laptop has been "diagnosed" and the repair will now cost £99... I copied and pasted their quote and asked why the increase. Mr Jack Ruan (if he really is a person) sent me the same line over and over again: updating operating system makes it £99. I said i had already paid a deposit of £25 and eventually got a line saying it would be £95.50... I tried ringing and was told very rudely that i had to email the engineer. Tried again several times, rang again and was told very rudely again that my laptop was ready and all i had to do was pay to get it back. So i paid the £95.50 and received my laptop back within a few days. All well packaged and wrapped up.
I take it out, flip the screen open and find one of the screen brackets broken with a piece missing! I switch the laptop on and NOTHING! I plug it in, switch it on again and get NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND! Again and again.
So i ring up and explain. I am told again i have to post on the email link, no one can help me on the phone.
I post on the link and wait 3 DAYS for an automated reply telling me to return the laptop AT MY EXPENSE and that the re-repair will cost me at least £9.90!
WHAT THE *** IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
I have tried to get hold of someone to sort the problem but aparently the issue is mine!
Ombudsman? Rogue traders? A lawyer?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Wiped drive
- No one to talk to
- No apology
- Want me to pay for return of laptop rendered unusable by them
- Reason of review:
- Bad customer service! Broken laptop! Blank laptop so not repaired, not checked before return! No one to speak to! Told to pay for returning laptop and to pay to have laptop re-repaired!
- Preferred solution:
- An apology for the abominable treatment, a refund of the £95.50 + £25 deposit i paid to get a broken and empty laptop back and my now broken laptop replaced!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Elite Phones And Computers Repair Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "My Fitbit Charge literally fell apart! My daughter bout it for me for my birthday mid 2015. I'm sure she thought I would have it for many years but a..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "This is an unexpected fortune. They are in a little bit of danger of being held accountable for the reliability of Borealis Face Cream.This is why it's so urgent to..."
- "I had 10 lessons with Violeta Patrascu. Her grasp of the English language leaves a lot to be desired ( she tells you to use your fingers when pressing the..."
- "A long story short: I was a Dropbox client happily paying $49.99 (£33.15) a month for 5TB of storage on their Pro package. I make corporate videos and I keep all my..."
- "Annoyed with Avon Rep!!! I had a nasty experience with avon representative named Dawn Storer, Whitland. She was rude and abusive on the phone when I rang about my order..."