Elite Phones And Computers - Wiping laptop harddrive and updating operating system
Pre sales was great. The price quote of £75 seemed good and ups were there within a day....
After a few days i am told the laptop has been "diagnosed" and the repair will now cost £99... I copied and pasted their quote and asked why the increase. Mr Jack Ruan (if he really is a person) sent me the same line over and over again: updating operating system makes it £99. I said i had already paid a deposit of £25 and eventually got a line saying it would be £95.50... I tried ringing and was told very rudely that i had to email the engineer. Tried again several times, rang again and was told very rudely again that my laptop was ready and all i had to do was pay to get it back. So i paid the £95.50 and received my laptop back within a few days. All well packaged and wrapped up.
I take it out, flip the screen open and find one of the screen brackets broken with a piece missing! I switch the laptop on and NOTHING! I plug it in, switch it on again and get NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND! Again and again.
So i ring up and explain. I am told again i have to post on the email link, no one can help me on the phone.
I post on the link and wait 3 DAYS for an automated reply telling me to return the laptop AT MY EXPENSE and that the re-repair will cost me at least £9.90!
WHAT THE *** IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
I have tried to get hold of someone to sort the problem but aparently the issue is mine!
Ombudsman? Rogue traders? A lawyer?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Wiped drive
- No one to talk to
- No apology
- Want me to pay for return of laptop rendered unusable by them
- Reason of review:
- Bad customer service! Broken laptop! Blank laptop so not repaired, not checked before return! No one to speak to! Told to pay for returning laptop and to pay to have laptop re-repaired!
- Preferred solution:
- An apology for the abominable treatment, a refund of the £95.50 + £25 deposit i paid to get a broken and empty laptop back and my now broken laptop replaced!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Elite Phones And Computers Repair Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "No matter how many fake favourable reviews Elite phone & computer repairs / Elite communications / Dell repairer/ Apple repairer or any of the other names they go under post,..."
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store. After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed..."
- "Dear Sirs,Re: False advertising and poor and offensive customer service from Big Motoring World, London Road, Addington, Kent ME19 5SHI am writing to you in relation to the extremely poor..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "My parents and I took Megabus from Bristol to London and we have had the worst experience EVER. A group of barbarians (from the jungle/forest) were shouting throughout the journey..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "Fedex Driver drinking on the job..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."