2.2

I sent my phone for repair in September (my charger port was broken). When I received the phone back, the screen on the phone was broken, the screen was not broken before I sent it to you.

I spoke to one of the employees on the phone and they told me that the product was damaged during delivery so, they would need to file a damage claim with royal mail. They asked me to send my phone to them so they can have a proof of damage to show royal mail and I sent my phone back. This happened in September.

I then called numerous times to ask about the claim but I was told every time that they are dealing with royal mail and it will take time. After more than a month since I sent my phone back to them, I called them today and asked them to repair the broken screen and send the phone back to me while they deal with royal mail.

However, the person I spoke to (who said he was the manager) told me that he cannot do that as someone has to pay for the repair of the screen. He said that if royal mail does not pay for the damage then I would have to pay for it. He said they cannot take responsibility of the damage since it was not their mistake.

I explained to him that the sender is legally responsible for the item until the receiver receives it but he kept insisting that I only had two options: I either pay for a new screen for my phone or they could send my phone back to me without repairing it.

I told him that the UK citizens advice clearly states that "The trader is responsible for the goods up until the time they are delivered to you. You don't have to prove that the goods were damaged during delivery.

Tell the trader about the problem straight away and ask for a refund or a replacement for the goods. If the trader refuses to put things right, make a formal complaint." (please check the link below)

After a month, I am being told that I would have to pay for the damage that I had nothing to do with, or I would not get my phone fixed, this is absolutely unacceptable.

Review about: Elite Phones And Computers Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments