Elite Phones And Computers - Screen repair that broke phone even more!

My Sony Xperia Z1 Compact suffered a cracked screen on the 2nd of July, I booked it in with this company on Thursday the 3th with a quoted cost of £139.99 (excluding VAT in the small print) and it got picked up via UPS on Friday the 4th. I paid a £17.50 non refundable 'courier charge' which was supposed to get the phone to the company the next day (Saturday 5th) it didn't arrive until Monday the 7th. According to their email they work on a 48 hour turnaround time, so on Thursday the 10th I emailed up the 'Admin' of the company and asked about the status of my repair. The email I received back told me that there had been a complication with the repair and it wouldn't be ready until Monday the 14th. Customer service was awful as they should have emailed me as soon as the 'complication' had arisen. On Monday the 14th I emailed them again asking about delivery times, they emailed back saying that it had been dispatched that day and was due to be delivered the next day (Tuesday the 15th) by 5pm. I waited in all day, having to miss my daughters playschool and having to put off food shopping to wait. At 5pm I emailed them asking for a tracking number, they didn't email back until the next day saying that it wouldn't be delivered until Thursday (17th) via Royal Mail. Sure enough, it arrived this morning.

The screen has been repaired, but there are chip marks all around the outside of the housing where it looks like they've had to use knifes to pry the screen in. The corners of the screen are scratched to *** and the aluminium casing of my phone has grooves all around it where the tools have slipped.

Also when I sent off my phone, the front camera was fully functional. Now my phone doesn't even register that there is a front facing camera on the device.

I wish I had read the reviews before using this company, absolutely bloody awful.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cracked Mobile Screen
Review category
review #511366 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Elite Phones And Computers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 02, 2015 #952928

This happened to me, screen cracked and returned with a new screen which was fitted badly and my ipad playing up.
I was advised to return to them which I would not as I did not trust them- having seen reviews - I would advise people in this position to contact their card provider or bank and request Chargeback.

Oct 06, 2014 #880800

Thursday the 3th?

Oct 06, 2014 #880806

really now

Feb 10, 2015 #943827

yes...Thuesday the Thirth...that's totally how you say that (sarcasm)

Feb 10, 2015 #943848 Liverpool, Liverpool

Wow. That's the most constructive thing you could post... One little typo isn't going to end the world.

0 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.