Elite Phones And Computers - Screen repair that broke phone even more!
My Sony Xperia Z1 Compact suffered a cracked screen on the 2nd of July, I booked it in with this company on Thursday the 3th with a quoted cost of £139.99 (excluding VAT in the small print) and it got picked up via UPS on Friday the 4th. I paid a £17.50 non refundable 'courier charge' which was supposed to get the phone to the company the next day (Saturday 5th) it didn't arrive until Monday the 7th. According to their email they work on a 48 hour turnaround time, so on Thursday the 10th I emailed up the 'Admin' of the company and asked about the status of my repair. The email I received back told me that there had been a complication with the repair and it wouldn't be ready until Monday the 14th. Customer service was awful as they should have emailed me as soon as the 'complication' had arisen. On Monday the 14th I emailed them again asking about delivery times, they emailed back saying that it had been dispatched that day and was due to be delivered the next day (Tuesday the 15th) by 5pm. I waited in all day, having to miss my daughters playschool and having to put off food shopping to wait. At 5pm I emailed them asking for a tracking number, they didn't email back until the next day saying that it wouldn't be delivered until Thursday (17th) via Royal Mail. Sure enough, it arrived this morning.
The screen has been repaired, but there are chip marks all around the outside of the housing where it looks like they've had to use knifes to pry the screen in. The corners of the screen are scratched to *** and the aluminium casing of my phone has grooves all around it where the tools have slipped.
Also when I sent off my phone, the front camera was fully functional. Now my phone doesn't even register that there is a front facing camera on the device.
I wish I had read the reviews before using this company, absolutely bloody awful.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cracked Mobile Screen
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "okay.. so long story cut short, i was ashy blonde really nice, quite light a perfect base for a bit of honey to make a little more natural, so i..."
- "I bought 3 2l bottol of pepsi at my local supermarket today and with out realising one of the pepsi have a 7up lid it is unsealed! I'm not going..."
- "I purchased a 10" display w/ a 4 camera system. I wired the system up for a test before installation using 3 of the 4 cameras. The display labels..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "Manager herself asked for proof of my dog being my service dog. She was told i do not carry the paperwork on me but k have her registration number and..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."