Woking, England

My Sony Xperia Z1 Compact suffered a cracked screen on the 2nd of July, I booked it in with this company on Thursday the 3th with a quoted cost of £139.99 (excluding VAT in the small print) and it got picked up via UPS on Friday the 4th. I paid a £17.50 non refundable 'courier charge' which was supposed to get the phone to the company the next day (Saturday 5th) it didn't arrive until Monday the 7th. According to their email they work on a 48 hour turnaround time, so on Thursday the 10th I emailed up the 'Admin' of the company and asked about the status of my repair. The email I received back told me that there had been a complication with the repair and it wouldn't be ready until Monday the 14th. Customer service was awful as they should have emailed me as soon as the 'complication' had arisen. On Monday the 14th I emailed them again asking about delivery times, they emailed back saying that it had been dispatched that day and was due to be delivered the next day (Tuesday the 15th) by 5pm. I waited in all day, having to miss my daughters playschool and having to put off food shopping to wait. At 5pm I emailed them asking for a tracking number, they didn't email back until the next day saying that it wouldn't be delivered until Thursday (17th) via Royal Mail. Sure enough, it arrived this morning.

The screen has been repaired, but there are chip marks all around the outside of the housing where it looks like they've had to use knifes to pry the screen in. The corners of the screen are scratched to *** and the aluminium casing of my phone has grooves all around it where the tools have slipped.

Also when I sent off my phone, the front camera was fully functional. Now my phone doesn't even register that there is a front facing camera on the device.

I wish I had read the reviews before using this company, absolutely bloody awful.

Review about: Cracked Mobile Screen.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $321
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Elite Phones And Computers?

Comments

andrewjames_70

Hi,

If we inquire among the elements that have a Smartphone, the screen is one of the most expensive components of the device, which is one of the main reasons why the price of repair is just overdoing it.

On the other hand, in repairs is not always display the screen that is damaged, but the glass itself that protects it. The problem when repairing the screen is that the glass is glued to the screen, so if one of the two breaks, mobile phone repairs expert changes the set, just as when damaged the processor must change the whole plate.

Thanks

andrewjames_70

Hi,

On the other hand, in repairs is not always display the screen that is damaged, but the glass itself that protects it. The problem when repairing the screen is that the glass is glued to the screen, so if one of the two breaks, mobile phone repairsexpert changes the set, just as when damaged the processor must change the whole plate.

Thanks

Franklin

This happened to me, screen cracked and returned with a new screen which was fitted badly and my ipad playing up.

I was advised to return to them which I would not as I did not trust them- having seen reviews - I would advise people in this position to contact their card provider or bank and request Chargeback.

Thursday the 3th?

tehjazzi
to Anonymous #880806

really now
to tehjazzi #943827

yes...Thuesday the Thirth...that's totally how you say that (sarcasm)

dumba.ss

Giuloa
to really now Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom #943848

Wow. That's the most constructive thing you could post... One little typo isn't going to end the world.