Elite Phones And Computers - Screen repair that broke phone even more!
My Sony Xperia Z1 Compact suffered a cracked screen on the 2nd of July, I booked it in with this company on Thursday the 3th with a quoted cost of £139.99 (excluding VAT in the small print) and it got picked up via UPS on Friday the 4th. I paid a £17.50 non refundable 'courier charge' which was supposed to get the phone to the company the next day (Saturday 5th) it didn't arrive until Monday the 7th. According to their email they work on a 48 hour turnaround time, so on Thursday the 10th I emailed up the 'Admin' of the company and asked about the status of my repair. The email I received back told me that there had been a complication with the repair and it wouldn't be ready until Monday the 14th. Customer service was awful as they should have emailed me as soon as the 'complication' had arisen. On Monday the 14th I emailed them again asking about delivery times, they emailed back saying that it had been dispatched that day and was due to be delivered the next day (Tuesday the 15th) by 5pm. I waited in all day, having to miss my daughters playschool and having to put off food shopping to wait. At 5pm I emailed them asking for a tracking number, they didn't email back until the next day saying that it wouldn't be delivered until Thursday (17th) via Royal Mail. Sure enough, it arrived this morning.
The screen has been repaired, but there are chip marks all around the outside of the housing where it looks like they've had to use knifes to pry the screen in. The corners of the screen are scratched to *** and the aluminium casing of my phone has grooves all around it where the tools have slipped.
Also when I sent off my phone, the front camera was fully functional. Now my phone doesn't even register that there is a front facing camera on the device.
I wish I had read the reviews before using this company, absolutely bloody awful.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cracked Mobile Screen
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My first call to Elite was met with a very polite but pushy man (Anton) who called me back whilst I was seeking further quotes. He was helpful and gave..."
- "Evan Tereszcuk said he was a software broker and promised he could get my small business a very popular internet sweepstakes software. Having worked with him on other software I..."
- "I had a quote for £17.50. Rang to book in and I had to pay a deposit that I was told would be taken off the repair bill. I received..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "I had never heard of Zazzle before. I buy most things on Amazon. My stepfather is a huge fan of cigars and jigsaw puzzles. So, I got him a wonderful..."
- "Bridgnorth Windows or as they claim The Real Bridgnorth Windows Ltd This Company has to be the worst Company I have ever dealt with. From start to finish I have had nothing..."
- "I bought 3 2l bottol of pepsi at my local supermarket today and with out realising one of the pepsi have a 7up lid it is unsealed! I'm not going..."
- "okay.. so long story cut short, i was ashy blonde really nice, quite light a perfect base for a bit of honey to make a little more natural, so i..."