Elite Phones And Computers - Horrific company to deal with. STRONGLY advise you go elsewhere
Quoted £70 on their website for phone repair.Spoke to a chap on the phone about booking phone in.
Mentioned the problem to the guy over the phone so he knew that the screen was completely smashed, as i knew £70+VAT was cheap. He confirmed that he knew what i was talking about and said £70+VAT was correct. Paid the man 17.50 for UPS to come and pick my phone up and redeliver (This gets reimbursed when repair is complete) So far so good. I got a message a few days later on their online messenger service they have, saying that, i had been quoted for just a smashed screen protector, not the actual smashed LCD screen inside.
This is why i made the point of explaining to the guy over the phone the exact problem with my phone, i knew this would happen. I then replied explaining that i explained this to the chap on the phone and he confirmed £70+VAT was correct. They then said we cant do it for that price but are willing to do it for 140+VAT as a good will. I told them that i can get it done cheaper in my own city and to send the phone back ASAP.
Anyway a few days later still no message saying that they had sent the phone back, but i did have a message saying that the volume button was broken too and that they would repair that for the same price as the screen. Obviously i was confused because i had already told them to send me the phone back ASAP, I told them this is in my next message.... Then after not receiving a message back in over 24 hours i decided to ring them. I actually ended up speaking to the guy who i had been speaking to on the online messaging service.
Seemed like a nice bloke and understood where i was coming from. He assured me that the case was being closed TODAY and phone was being dispatched, not repaired tomorrow. I confirmed that i would be getting my £17.50 back that i had paid to them for the delivery. He said no he can't do that because that covers the costs.
I said that's not my problem, because had they of listened to what i said was wrong with my phone in the first place, they would have been able to give me the correct quote. Or they could have honoured their mistake and charged me £70 like they quoted. I even offered them the chance to do it for £140 incl VAT as thats what i could have it done for in my own City. They still said no, and refused to reimburse my £17.50.
So all in all this has cost me £17.50 for them to have my phone for almost two weeks and do absolutely nothing to it. My advice is to completely avoid this company and make some phone calls locally first. You may often find you can get it done for the same price if not cheaper !
And save yourself the risk of getting ripped off.I have attached a screenshot of the online conversation i had.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False quoted
- Poor customer service
- Not willing to honour their mistake
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had a quote for £17.50. Rang to book in and I had to pay a deposit that I was told would be taken off the repair bill. I received..."
- "God I wished I had read the reviews before making the colossal mistake of using Elite (ha what a joke) phones and computer ltd. After sending my phone in for a..."
- "I ordered a lenovo g4030 on jan 22, 2015. it was supposedly a gift for myself since my bday is on feb 9th. unfortunately there was a problem with the..."
- " I purchased the above nail strengthener to help my finger nails as they were splitting and my other nails had long ridges in them. After using the above product on..."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."