Elite Phones And Computers - Horrific company to deal with. STRONGLY advise you go elsewhere

19 of 412 Elite Phones And Computers reviews

Quoted £70 on their website for phone repair.Spoke to a chap on the phone about booking phone in.

Mentioned the problem to the guy over the phone so he knew that the screen was completely smashed, as i knew £70+VAT was cheap. He confirmed that he knew what i was talking about and said £70+VAT was correct. Paid the man 17.50 for UPS to come and pick my phone up and redeliver (This gets reimbursed when repair is complete) So far so good. I got a message a few days later on their online messenger service they have, saying that, i had been quoted for just a smashed screen protector, not the actual smashed LCD screen inside.

This is why i made the point of explaining to the guy over the phone the exact problem with my phone, i knew this would happen. I then replied explaining that i explained this to the chap on the phone and he confirmed £70+VAT was correct. They then said we cant do it for that price but are willing to do it for 140+VAT as a good will. I told them that i can get it done cheaper in my own city and to send the phone back ASAP.

Anyway a few days later still no message saying that they had sent the phone back, but i did have a message saying that the volume button was broken too and that they would repair that for the same price as the screen. Obviously i was confused because i had already told them to send me the phone back ASAP, I told them this is in my next message.... Then after not receiving a message back in over 24 hours i decided to ring them. I actually ended up speaking to the guy who i had been speaking to on the online messaging service.

Seemed like a nice bloke and understood where i was coming from. He assured me that the case was being closed TODAY and phone was being dispatched, not repaired tomorrow. I confirmed that i would be getting my £17.50 back that i had paid to them for the delivery. He said no he can't do that because that covers the costs.

I said that's not my problem, because had they of listened to what i said was wrong with my phone in the first place, they would have been able to give me the correct quote. Or they could have honoured their mistake and charged me £70 like they quoted. I even offered them the chance to do it for £140 incl VAT as thats what i could have it done for in my own City. They still said no, and refused to reimburse my £17.50.

So all in all this has cost me £17.50 for them to have my phone for almost two weeks and do absolutely nothing to it. My advice is to completely avoid this company and make some phone calls locally first. You may often find you can get it done for the same price if not cheaper !

And save yourself the risk of getting ripped off.I have attached a screenshot of the online conversation i had.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • False quoted
    • Poor customer service
    • Not willing to honour their mistake

Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Repair
Review category
Computers
review #960832 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Elite Phones And Computers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 412 Elite Phones And Computers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Elite Phones And Computers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Elite Phones And Computers.
Filing a new complaint about
×