190A Church St, Eccles, Manchester M30 0LZ, UK
1.7
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

Quoted £70 on their website for phone repair.Spoke to a chap on the phone about booking phone in.

Mentioned the problem to the guy over the phone so he knew that the screen was completely smashed, as i knew £70+VAT was cheap. He confirmed that he knew what i was talking about and said £70+VAT was correct. Paid the man 17.50 for UPS to come and pick my phone up and redeliver (This gets reimbursed when repair is complete) So far so good. I got a message a few days later on their online messenger service they have, saying that, i had been quoted for just a smashed screen protector, not the actual smashed LCD screen inside.

This is why i made the point of explaining to the guy over the phone the exact problem with my phone, i knew this would happen. I then replied explaining that i explained this to the chap on the phone and he confirmed £70+VAT was correct. They then said we cant do it for that price but are willing to do it for 140+VAT as a good will. I told them that i can get it done cheaper in my own city and to send the phone back ASAP.

Anyway a few days later still no message saying that they had sent the phone back, but i did have a message saying that the volume button was broken too and that they would repair that for the same price as the screen. Obviously i was confused because i had already told them to send me the phone back ASAP, I told them this is in my next message.... Then after not receiving a message back in over 24 hours i decided to ring them. I actually ended up speaking to the guy who i had been speaking to on the online messaging service.

Seemed like a nice bloke and understood where i was coming from. He assured me that the case was being closed TODAY and phone was being dispatched, not repaired tomorrow. I confirmed that i would be getting my £17.50 back that i had paid to them for the delivery. He said no he can't do that because that covers the costs.

I said that's not my problem, because had they of listened to what i said was wrong with my phone in the first place, they would have been able to give me the correct quote. Or they could have honoured their mistake and charged me £70 like they quoted. I even offered them the chance to do it for £140 incl VAT as thats what i could have it done for in my own City. They still said no, and refused to reimburse my £17.50.

So all in all this has cost me £17.50 for them to have my phone for almost two weeks and do absolutely nothing to it. My advice is to completely avoid this company and make some phone calls locally first. You may often find you can get it done for the same price if not cheaper !

And save yourself the risk of getting ripped off.I have attached a screenshot of the online conversation i had.

Newmski10 wrote the review because of pricing issue at Elite Phones And Computers and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $18 and wants Elite Phones And Computers to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was false quoted, terrible customer service and not willing to honour their mistake. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Elite Phones And Computers samsung galaxy s6 screen repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Elite Phones And Computers?

Comments